Any workout or race might start with a slow pace. But don’t you love how this builds up and you start to feel fast?
Be it a short-interval race or a 10K marathon, a track shoe that lets you build up that pace and glide through the course like a smooth-sailing ship on calm water is a dream.
To unleash your true sprinting abilities, you may think you could go for a shoe with a stiff sole and stiffer spikes for that grip and traction. But what you really need is lacing up the lightest-weighing pair of the best track shoes for sprinters without spikes for some smooth, serious, and comfortable racing and training on the tracks.
So to help you find shoes suited for track running that can be also worn anywhere else, here are the details on the shoe without spikes.
Best Track Shoes For Sprinters Without Spikes for Comfortable Racing
Here are the detailed reviews you need to know on the track shoes that let you ease up playing on the courts with comfort:
ASICS Men’s Hyper LD 5 Shoe
- Nylon-spiked plate located at the front for durability and traction on grass sprints.
- Pyramid-shaped spikes measure around ¼ inches in diameter.
- The shoe comes with a full-length EVA midsole for cushioning.
- Mesh upper part of the shoes increases breathability during long training hours.
- Upgraded version of the Hyper LD 4 and hence comes with improved speed.
First on the list of the best non-spiked sprinting shoes is the Hyper LD 5 from ASICS. For comfort and support, this pair of running shoes. The best and unique thing about this shoe is that it has removable spikes, so you can change your wants as you sprint.
As mentioned earlier, the shoe comes with removable spikes so whether you want traction and grip or whether you want a smooth glide on courts, both can be easily managed for your required sprinting performance.
EVA feature assures you of a comfortable sprint and makes sure that your feet are protected from impact through apt shock absorption. It also makes the shoe more lightweight.
For a professional sprinter, the cushioning works in harmony with the breathability from the shoe upper, and it overall gives you a snug fit that does not require breaking in.
ASICS Men’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
- Features brushstroke-patterned underlays and a mesh upper.
- Built with a removable pair of sock liners for the sake of medical orthotics.
- The uppers are durable and can protect the shoe and your foot from natural elements.
- It has a super comfortable interior that also helps to keep your foot cool as well as dry.
- Built with a high-standard midsole that is responsive and durable.
Here’s another one from ASICS that promotes cushioning more than responsiveness, unlike the Hyper LD 5. The Gel-Venture 5 is not only supportive on the tracks, but also on the trails. For a pair that’s versatile on the surfaces, let’s see what else it has got.
Created with the trails in mind, Venture 5 is best in the demonstration of its gripping lugs that can face multiple surfaces in multiple directions. They can make your uphill climbs and downhill descents more controlled than most running shoes allow.
Also, the AHAR or the Asics High Abrasion Resistant Rubber is working throughout this time to save your sole and sole unit from rough ground hazards.
So for a shoe that has excellent cushioning units, arch support, and a flexible yet sturdy platform, this is a great purchase for neutral pronators needing a trail shoe with sufficient support.
Merrell Women’s Glove 5 Trail Runner
- Comes with wraparound tongues that envelop your arches for securing your feet.
- Has a snug fit that contours to and moves with the natural movement of your foot.
- The amply wide toe box further ensures the freedom of movement of the wearer.
- It is made with the Vibram TC5+ outsole that is well known for its durability and traction.
- Also features a Trail Protect Pad that protects your foot from natural elements while still giving you the true barefoot feel.
For all those who wanted to taste the experience of barefoot running through their feet, here’s a shoe suited for female runners. The Glove 5 sticks to almost any trail you lay your foot down in and lets your foot as well as your body adapt to the on-road transitions.
The Vibram sole of this featherweight shoe is its best feature. Light, durable, and flexible, this sole saves you from rocky roads and makes sure you don’t slip during running by providing you with ample grip.
The mesh upper along with the TPU overlays allows the breathability that distance runners love.
Also, you have nylon straps in the interior of the shoe that make sure that your feet sit securely while you engage in rough trail running. With all the great functionality, this is also beautifully designed for a good run.
Adidas Men’s TOUR360 XT Spike less Golf Shoe
- One of the best waterproof protections in golf shoes and track running shoes.
- Made from premium full-grain leather construction in the upper, making it soft yet strong.
- The TPU outsole has X-patterns on it to give you a solid grip on the grounds.
- Includes a full-length Boost midsole that is one of the best in its class.
- Also features a Torsion bar that keeps the shoe steady throughout your movements.
A little similar to the GEL-Venture 5 in the sense that both of these two can give you a decent amount of arch support, there is more than one reason why the TOUR360 XT is listed among the best shoes for sprinting on street. A blend of structure and stability, here’s what it’s got.
Designed to hug your feet and provide them with the support they need, this pair allows you to focus on the run instead of thinking to change your pace to feel more comfortable.
Contouring to and molding along your foot is similar to the Glove 5 in replicating the barefoot feeling, where you feel as if the shoe is just an extension of your feet.
Other than this unique fit, the shoe also specializes in the best grip among all the track shoes on the list if you run in wet conditions, as well as dry and damp ones.
For good ankle support, waterproof protection, and extended durability, this is the pair of your dreams.
Nike Women’s Zoom Winflo 6 Running Shoes.
- The rubber outsole protects the midsole of the pair from abrasive asphalt surfaces.
- Cushioning and support are present throughout the whole length of the shoe.
- Has elevated midsoles and heels to give stability to some runners who need it.
- Upper is made from engineered mesh and has 2 air units full of compressed air.
- Includes removable insoles that can be replaced with similar ones.
While the Glove 4 was suitable for women training off-roads, this is for the female runners who prefer on-track training and need the best sprint training shoes for that. These stylish spikeless sprinting shoes have a removable insole, unlike the Hyper LD 5 which had removable spikes.
The best thing about this pair is that it has reactive support. What that means for the runners is that the foam and rubber in the construction allow you to have a cushioning that can both support and protect your feet.
Here, the heel and midsoles are elevated too to protect and stabilize your foot from overpronation, saving you from falling when you sprint too hard. On the other hand, the air units turn them into bouncy pillows while making sure that they are still some form of stability shoes, but responsive.
New Balance Men’s Cross Country Seven Spikeless Running Shoe
- Features a REVlite midsole that has a higher cushion than most shoes.
- Made of 7 spikes in the outsole, including lugged rubber layer for traction.
- The lugs shaped like arrows allow you to grip on the surfaces and balance yourself well.
- The outsole is made of thermoplastic polymer that can also be impact-resistant as needed.
- More supportive than most cross country spikes.
Named as a tribute to the number of runners who play on the varsity cross country squad, the CC7 has both the spirit and the design of track shoes. This pair of track spikes provide you with ample traction, making sure that you have control over the surface where you play.
What’s great about New Balance is that the foam used in its construction is 30% lighter than the usual track spike. But at the same time, it is more durable than those track spikes. What you have on the upper is a 3D-printed, closed mesh, making it the ideal track racing pair.
Also, the spike here fits well for those with a wider heel area. It can accommodate and emphasize the feel of the racing flats all the while being roomy and offering maximum traction to entry-level as well as experienced track runners.
New Balance Men’s Minimus 20 V7 Cross Trainer
- The upper of the shoe is manufactured using nylon-infused yarn for comfort and sturdiness.
- Vibram rubber sole that is thin as well as supportive and lasts long.
- Features asymmetrical collars that mold to your feet shape and secure them.
- Provides excellent durability whether you engage in indoor or outdoor training.
- The lightest workout and track shoe on the list with the highest comfort level.
A premium pick that is worth every dollar it has on the tag, the Minimus 20 v 7 is a minimalist CrossFit track runner’s dream in a pair of shoes. High-quality material, durable design, and its many impressive layers of comfort, here are the details on the pair.
Similar to the Glove 4 in having the Vibram outsole that also makes it a featherweight shoe, this is a pair for men who want to experience barefoot running. The mesh upper makes sure that besides having a light stride, you also have an airy one where your feet do not have to sweat from all that training.
The Asym collars make sure that your foot lay secure and snugly bound to the shoe without the slightest discomfort.
And with the far thinner soles than most track shoes are made of, this is a barefoot-style track running shoe that lacks no comfort, traction, or style. For the most intense workout in the scorching summer heat, this is it.
New Balance Men’s 1400 V6 Running Shoe
- Blown rubber outsole is both soft and light for superior comfort.
- RevLite midsole made-foam is light and responsive with ample cushioning.
- Engineered mesh upper allows a fully integrated build that secures your foot.
- The thickly made insoles are sturdy and also promote reflective details.
- A new tongue construction personalizes your fit making running more enjoyable.
Compared to the Minimus 20 V7 meant for the minimalists, this one here is the best running shoes for track sprinters who prefer more colors. Built for high-intensity workouts, sprints, and runs, this is also an extremely lightweight shoe that is versatile and thrives on different surfaces.
One of the most unique things about this pair is the blown rubber outsole. How does this help you?
Soft and lightweight in nature, this will give you the illusion that you are not wearing shoes while at the same time protecting your feet from rocky trails without letting you feel the hurt from the gravel.
The thick rubber on the outsole makes sure you have enough traction and grip on the course of your stride, while the synthetic upper makes sure that your feet don’t sweat along the way.
For neutral pronators, this is a shoe that is protective, responsive, and can easily handle 21Ks and more.
New Balance Women’s 1400 V6 Running Shoe
- It comes with a stack height of 25 millimeters to the back and 15 to the front.
- The blown rubber outsole has the same patterns as the New Balance V5.
- The upper of the shoe is made of engineered mesh without any sewing.
- It contains small lugs on the sole that grants you traction in both wet and dry weather.
- Built with a FantomFit support cage on the interior that holds your foot securely.
If you are into daily walking, this is the shoe for you. Not just walking, this is also great if you want to have dependable running sessions. Peppy and solid, this pair is meant for women who enjoy their run and want reliable performance from their running pairs.
The shank on this pair acts as a springboard. How this helps the runner is by propelling his foot forward right from the mid stride to the forefoot.
As a result of this, the transition created is quick and smooth and it almost makes you feel as if you are gliding along the ground without losing balance.
Also, the glide from the shoe comes from the engineered mesh, no-sew upper. It cuts down the weight of the shoe by a hefty percentage and makes sure you are comfortable throughout. For many runners, this is a good marathon partner as it helps them feel powerful in this.
adidas Men’s Adizero Boston 8 Running Shoe
- Boost technology is present from the midsole to the heels of the shoe.
- The midsole is finished with an EVA lining that makes it more firm.
- As thick as 26 mm to 29mm to the rear of the shoe, narrowing from the midfoot to the forefoot.
- Has a tweaked and improved torsion system that makes the pair more stable.
- Has an outsole made of Stretchweb Continental rubber, similar to the Boston 7.
One of the best shoes for track runners from Adidas, the Boston 8 is an intermediate running shoe that can match the pace and form of the runner with the ground they are treading. Having the identical Boost technology like the TOUR360 XT, this one is a promoter of firmness and cushioning whether you want to go for easy runs or opt for long-tempo workouts.
Redesigned from its previous version to be sleeker and faster, the Boston 8 has a retooled midsole to give you more responsiveness from impactful surfaces and more smoothness on softer courts.
Either way, you have seriously solid traction from the pair. It continues to adapt to your pace as it changes with the surface below, never being uncomfortable for a second.
This everyday trainer also has a race-shoe vibe, so you can go for both tempo runs and speedwork as you want. So you can use it for <10K distances with it or more, and it will maintain the softness and bounce without making you trip.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 7
- GEL technology on the rearfoot for shock absorption and impact resistance.
- Removable ORTHOLITE insoles give you more support to the underfoot.
- High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) technology in the outsole increases durability.
- The outsole being trail-specific is good for running on grass surfaces.
- Engineered EVA on the midsole protects your foot from being compressed.
Considered to be one of the best shoes for sprinting on grass, the Gel-Venture 7 is a great entry-level trail shoe hailing from the house of Asics. Made to be a daily trainer that can significantly improve your performance, here’s what it has got.
Venture 7 is different from Venture 5 with its upgraded upper. So what you have here is a completely new lacing mechanism that is apparently the same but when it comes to functionality, is it refreshing and airy for the feet.
Also, the outsole is suitable for the trails. This is why you will find the shoe to be more solid in the bottom than flexible.
For those who do not like the bounce and like the grip more, this is a great pair. All in all, it is comfy, light, and can serve you well on gravel, forest, and even on roads quite well.
Best 400m Spikes
Best Spike for Hurdles
Differences Between Regular Running Shoes Without Spikes Vs. Sprinting Shoes With Spikes
Besides the obvious difference in the presence and absence of spikes, spiked and spikeless shoes also differ in the running performance they allow you.
Your ability to run and sprint is much better when you run without spikes given that you are traveling long distances and have a smooth court to glide on to.
So think of marathons when you think of spikeless shoes. But some have also said that spikes give you the lightness of stride and less resistance than track running shoes without spikes which again is suitable for some marathons, depending on the surface.
In the end, if you want to feel the strength and sprint faster than you can, track shoes without spikes are great for competitive races.
You can start with the spikeless shoes first and then move on to spiked shoes for running as you become stronger and want to glide on the court.
Benefits of Running in Track Shoes/Sprinters Without Spikes
As you have read already, the biggest benefit of running in shoes that have no spikes are feeling the strength grow in you. It increases your stamina and lets you prepare for running both long and short distances.
For less traction and higher resistance, there’s no alternative to a non-spiked pair. So for competitive preparation, spikeless shoes are best.
Guide To Choosing The Best Running Shoes for Sprinters
Here’s the guide to help you buy non-spiked shoes:
For the right comfort, you have to ensure the right fit. And the right fit will only come if you ensure the right width. If your shoe fits you too narrow or too wide, it will cause you discomfort and may even cause you injury.
So your safest bet would be to try on shoes if you buy online, or buy online when you can exchange if the size fits you wrongly.
Also, give your foot measurements to the retailer rather than looking at the size charts, because sizes invariably differ across brands and might work against you.
When the distance between the ground and the heel of your foot is higher, you call that shoe having a high heel height. If the distance is between the ground and your shoe overall, then it is called the stack height.
Your stack height determines the level of cushioning you will get from the pair. And this can make or break your chances of a barefoot running experience or a bouncy one. So make sure you have your trade-off between a natural run as well as impact protection.
If you have difficulty balancing yourself on your feet when you stride too hard, you should get yourself stability shoes. And if your feet turn when you stride in either direction inward or outward, you need shoes that support specific pronation types.
Only after doing proper gait analysis, you can find the shoe that will serve your running experience well.
Yes. In fact, if you pick track shoes without spikes, you can run longer distances than you can with a shoe with spikes.
Yes, you can use sprint shoes with removable spikes. The Hyper LD 5 has removable spikes and it can help you transform the shoe with spikes for rough-ground, impactful running. Also, the removable spikes help you run faster.
To make your running more robust and fast, spineless shoes are great. However, if you prefer short-distance races, the spikes will provide you with more strength. So spike pins can be important for short-distance runners.
For traction, support and grip, you need spiked shoes. However, if you like more cushioning and more stability, then you can wear non-spiked shoes.
You can wear shoes from brands like Nike (the Air Zoom range with cushioning units) or from brands like Adidas that are very secure, protective, and comfortable. Even New Balance and ASICS make good sprinting shoes, as mentioned on the list.
And that brings you to the end of the list for the best track shoes for sprinters without spikes! As you noticed, there are a lot of options in spineless shoes for you to pick from, the common ground being no spikes.
The Boston 8 and the Hyper LD 5 are both versatile shoes that are responsive, supportive, and durable. If you want a shoe particularly suited for off-road training and running, there are no better pairs than the GEL-Venture 5 for men and the Glove 4 for women.
Again, if you want a weatherproof pair, the TOUR360 XT is an excellent pair. And for shoes as light as a feather that is perfect for barefoot running, Minimus 20 V7 is ideal.
So remember to pick your shoe according to your preference!
Best Long Distance Track Spikes
Best Shot Put Shoes
Best 800m Spikes